EVENT: Mary Lin Elementary Health & Wellness Fair!
- March 25, 2011
- free entry
- Mary Lin Elementary School
- 586 Candler Park Drive Northeast, Atlanta, GA, United States, 30307
Mary Lin Elementary will host it’s 1st Annual Health and Wellness Fair on Friday, March 25, 2011 from 6 pm – 8 pm.
- Good Food Truck
- Grace’s Goodness
- parent owned Camellis
- King of Pops
- Westside Creamery
ENTERTAINMENT & FUN…
- Chickin Feed will be groovin’ out with Farm Grub tunes about good food.
- Marcelo Vasquez is teaching parents how to engage their children in exercise activities
- Salsa Dancing
- Greening Youth Foundation will host recycling relays
- Mrs. Lindsay Wyczalkowski will introduce to parents how she uses the garden to teach GPS standards how she has ENGAGED other teachers through contests and trainings and we will have a tour and taste of the Mary Lin Community Garden.
- Safe Routes to Schools has donated their time, helmets and bikes for kids to learn the proper way to ride their bikes SAFELY to school and around the city
- Mary Lin Health and Wellness Committee will feature our Candy-Sweet Free Wellness Policy,
- How to eat SEASONAL what CSA’s drop off in our neighborhood? featuring Sharko, Dillwood and Serenbe farms… and our brand spanking new LOCAL FOOD GUIDE compliments of GEORGIA ORGANICS!!!!!!
What’s on your Child’s plate? Did you know that we’ve had GA strawberries, GA spinach, GA apples,GA peaches,GA collard greens ( for 6 MONTHS) GA GRASSFED BEEF and GA BROCCOLI ( can you see the local, state impact)??, being served in ALL APS Cafeterias?
A note from Mother Hen: Thanks to Ashley Williamson Rouse – super mom of three who puts her money where her mouth is by doing great work to get REAL LOCAL FOOD into your child’s school lunch!